A New Form of Charity

http://changeischeap.blogspot.com/



With the money collected, I will venture out into the world to commit random acts of kindness. Say someone on the side of the road has a flat tire... I'll give them a ride and get them a new tire! That hungery man on the street corner.... let's buy him a meal and give him a new coat. At the end of each month I will report back to you the results of our charity experiment. Although a dollar isn't much these days, collectively we will be able to make a difference in the lives of those who desperately need to be reminded that miracles do happen!!



Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Fresh Idea


I finally got to the point today where I felt that my life had no purpose. I have a definite urge to help others, but never really had a plan as to how to accomplish this. I have bills to pay and work seems to exists only to get us from point "A" to point "B" and does not leave me with any type of warm feeling. I am working for a big company whose only focus is on making money. I wish there was a way to better use my time. Helping those in need has always been a passion of mine, and today I finally decided to do something about it. My husband, Jesse, suggested a unique charity experiment as something that would help me feel more satisfaction by fulfilling my full potential. Starting with my friends and family members, I will collect a dollar from everyone and at the end of the month, I will use the money to provide help to someone who desperately needs it. Instead of trying to do the same boring thing every month, I hope to be able to mix it up and find different circumstances in which to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment