A New Form of Charity

http://changeischeap.blogspot.com/



With the money collected, I will venture out into the world to commit random acts of kindness. Say someone on the side of the road has a flat tire... I'll give them a ride and get them a new tire! That hungery man on the street corner.... let's buy him a meal and give him a new coat. At the end of each month I will report back to you the results of our charity experiment. Although a dollar isn't much these days, collectively we will be able to make a difference in the lives of those who desperately need to be reminded that miracles do happen!!



Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spreading the Word

I have been talking about this blog lately and people have really responded with enthusiasm about the project. I told a couple of my customers and employees and they said anyone can make a difference. My husband told people at his work and they said that people would not go for it because they wouldn't get anything out of it. I think helping others is what you get out of it. Knowing that your dollor went to a sleeping bag instead a bottle of booze. You also gave a dolloar to help someone in need of a place to stay for the night, clothes for their kids back, or food in their stomachs.

2 comments:

  1. This is a WONDERFUL idea of a very do-able way to make a difference in the world right around you! I wish you LOTS of luck with this and hope the idea catches on like wildfire... like you said, just imagine what a difference can be made! I'm telling my blog friends about this. :) I hope everyone shares this great idea with their friends too.

    Can't wait to read/see the first good-deed reports!! :) Thank you for taking the initiative to do something like this so we can all "tag along!" How fun and rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so amazed by your idea and wish you the best of luck. I can't wait to see what this becomes.

    -Lara

    ReplyDelete